List of County Towns: Buckhead Ridge, Ortona, Palmdale, Lakeport, Moore Haven, Muce
Emergency Management Contact:
Glades County Emergency Management
PO Box 1527
Moore Haven, FL 33471
Phone: (863) 946-6020
Local 2-1-1: United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee Counties
- Website: https://www.unitedwaylee.org/211-data-base/
- Phone: 2-1-1 or 239.433.3900
DISASTER HOUSEHOLD FOOD DISTRIBUTION PROGRAM
The Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS) will be providing emergency food to through a FEMA funded program to counties affected most by Irma. This is a short term program to help meet food needs until the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) becomes available.
- How much food can a household receive? Individuals and families will receive one or more food packages with 10-20 food items. Households with 1-3 family members canreceive 1 package per week, households with 4-6 members can receive 2 packages per week, and households with 7+ members can receive 3 packages per week.
- Who is eligible to receive a food package? Household living in counties that were part of the presidentially declared disaster. The program will be rolled out in 3 phases. Phase 1 will include 9 initial counties – other counties will be included in phases 2 and 3.
- Where can residents pick up their food package?
Can also click HERE to view the list of distribution sites for the counties active in the current phase out the roll-out.
DISASTER SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (D-SNAP; Food For Florida)
To qualify, individuals:
- Must not currently be receiving benefits through the regular Food Assistance Program
- Must have been living or working in the disaster area at the time of the disaster
- Eligible individuals and families must have suffered a disaster-related loss (damage to homes, loss of food, loss of income, incurred disaster related expenses, etc.)
Eligible individuals and families should pre-register by visiting this link but they must also visit an established location in person to apply. Pre-registering will reduce the wait time for the in-person interview. It is requested that only the head of household should come for to the in-person interview.
Forrey Drive, LaBelle, FL 33935; visit website near the end of October.
All sites will be open 7am-6pm. Bring a valid Florida Driver License or Identification Card.
Serving in order of LAST NAME:
- 10/28: A-P
- 10/29: Q-Z
- 10/30: Make up Day
This program is not for current food assistance recipients. Current food assistance households not receiving the maximum amount will get additional September/October benefits automatically added to their EBT card within five days of their own county opening the D-SNAP site.